Pages

Thursday, September 5, 2024

More Challenges and ATCs

ATC Collection #19

Release

This will be written for the generation to come, That a people yet to be created may praise the Lord.  For He looked down from the height of His sanctuary; From heaven the Lord viewed the earth, To hear the groaning of the prisoner, To release those appointed to death, To declare the name of the Lord in Zion, And His praise in Jerusalem, When the peoples are gathered together, And the kingdoms, to serve the Lord.  Psalm 102:18-22  August 27, 2024

I picture being released from the guilt of my sin like a bird being released from a bird cage.

Credits:

The Birds Will Sing Digital Scrapbooking Kit by Lynn Grieveson


Discover

Can you solve the mysteries of God?  Can you discover everything about the Almighty?  Such knowledge is higher than the heavens.  Job 11:7-8  August 28, 2024

Credits:

Beauty of Everyday Collection by Palvinka Designs

(I used the Papers, Overlays, Clusters, and Alphas from the collection for this ATC card)


Communion

And when he had given thanks, he brake it, and said, Take, eat: this is my body, which is broken for you: this do in remembrance of me.  After the same manner also he took the cup, when he had supped, saying, this cup is the new testament in my blood: this do ye, as oft as ye drink it, in remembrance of me.  1 Corinthians 11:24, 25  August 29, 2024

The hourglass represents our life for “as oft as you” observe the Lord’s Supper, we are doing it to remember the sacrifice He made for us.

Credits:

Grandmas Cozy Cottage Kit by Lynne Anzelc (candle on left and hourglass)

Still Life Painting by Lynne Anzelc (paper and the rest of the elements. I changed the color of the wine in the goblet.)


Chase

Those who chase fantasies will have their fill of poverty.  Proverbs 28:19  August 30, 2024

Credits:

Floral Fancy Wizard by Lynne Anzelc


Temporary

For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all.  So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen, since what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal.  2 Corinthians 4:17, 18  August 31, 2024

Credits:

Celestial Worlds by Lynne Anzelc


Focus

The heartfelt counsel of a friend is as sweet as perfume and incense. Proverbs 27:9  September 1, 2024

Credits:
This is Now | Misc Bits and Bobs by Rachel Jefferies
This is Now | Misc Mixed Media Paperie by Rachel Jefferies
(2020 bg paper)
Tempus Digital Scrapbooking Mixed Media Elements by Rachel Jefferies and Lynn Grieveson

Tempus Digital Scrapbooking Kit by Rachel Jefferies and Lynn Grieveson
 

Botanical Garden by Lynne Anzelc (perfume, flower, blend)

Forever Cherished Page Kit by Daydream Designs (perfume)

Self Care Page Kit by Daydream Design  (bottles, incense jar, flower)

(Everything else from This is Now and Tempus)


Unlimited

I pray that from His glorious, unlimited resources He will empower you with inner strength through His Spirit.  Ephesians 3:16  September 2, 2024

Credits:

Breathe Digital Scrapbook Page Kit by Vicki Stegall

52 Inspirations 2022 No 27 Strength Scrapbook WordArt by Vicki Stegall

Unfinished Woman Kit by Vicki Robinson


Know

Be still, and know that I am God!  Psalm 46:10  September 3, 2024

Credits:

Free With $10 Purchase | SEPT 1- SEPT 7 | Natali Designs - Summer's End

https://www.oscraps.com/shop/Summer-s-end.html


Glorify

Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works and glorify your Father in heaven.  Matthew 5:16  September 4, 2024

Credits:

Note to Self Kit by emeto Designs


Focus

Done for the AJ Challenge Week 1 for Sept. 2024 found here:  https://oscraps.com/community/threads/september-art-journaling-challenge-week-1-focus.40416/ 

Journaling reads:  More times than not I have to make myself get up in the mornings and take those first steps to better health!    8/29/24

Process:

I blended my photo into the bg paper using High Light blend mode to add the texture from my photo and to pick up the texture from the paper.

I stretched the word “focus” from Rachel’s word art to make it larger than the rest of the type.  I did this by using the rectangular marquee tool to select the word.  Then I clicked on the move tool to obtain points of the selection that I could stretch.  This leaves the rest of the element to remain in its original size, changing only the selected portion. 

Credits:

Trust in This Collection by Rachel Jefferies

Font is Chalkboard SE Light

Photo is mine 



Black Dress

Done for the Momma O’s Challenge found here:  https://oscraps.com/community/threads/vicki-stegall-designs-momma-os-september-2024-challenge.40438/

Journaling reads:  I did not capture a picture of the black dress I wore to church on Sunday, September 1st, mainly because I did not realize Black Dress Day was a thing!  I am prone to wearing black more often than not.  I have several black skirts and a few black dresses.  But I do have a black dress that caught the eye of my future husband!  My good friend and I had taken a trip to Georgia to see good friends and from there we went to my sister’s house in Florida.  As we were driving home we stopped at some thrift and consignment shops.  I found “the dress” at one of those consignment shops.  I wore the dress to church the following Sunday morning.  Mark arrived at church as I was walking across the parking lot.  I heard him say, as he was walking to the door behind me, “Woman in Black!”  I smiled at him to acknowledge that I heard him.  But, that started a chain of events that eventually led to our marriage a couple of months later!  WOW!  What a whirlwind romance!

This is the only picture I have of myself in “the” dress that I could put my fingers on quickly.  My daughters and I were sharing our outfits one Sunday afternoon.

Credits:

Oh La La Kit by NLD Designs (pink flowers on left and pink scatter)

Lock and Key No 1 by Anna Aspnes (2 brushes in bg at top)

ArtPlay MiniPalette Beau by Anna Aspnes (photomask and red word strip bottom right)

She's Got Grit Collection by Vicki Stegall (all papers, flowers and greenery in bouquet, white word art.  WA above “Black Dress” changed to incorporate title)

Font is Buttermilk Regular

Photo is mine 



No comments:

Post a Comment