Pages

Sunday, September 8, 2024

Grandparents' Day and ATC Challenges

O-O-O O-Zempic ATC

Done for the August ATC Member Challenge with Anne-Marie found here:  https://oscraps.com/community/threads/atc-challenge-august-2024.40318/ 

Journaling reads:  With the help of the diabetes medicine, O-Zempic, Mark has been able to lower his A1C to 6.1 and has lost about 20 lbs.  He no longer is hungry all the time!  It is a definite eating-habit change!  8/30/24

Credits:
Still Standing Paper Whites
by Vicki Robinson
Still Standing Collage Bits
by Vicki Robinson
Still Standing Accents
by Vicki Robinson

Font is standard pilot Regular

Photo is mine



Seasons of Change

Done for the September ATC Member Challenge with Anne-Marie found here:  https://oscraps.com/community/threads/atc-challenge-september-2024.40472/ 

I went with the seasons of life instead of nature.  Quote:  “Seasons vary, circumstances change, feelings fluctuate, friendships cool, friends die, but Christ is ever the same.” — Octavius Winslow

I find it interesting that color has meaning.  I wondered what the color of consistency would be (Christ is ever the same) so I did a Google search and found this at one site:

Be Consistent Color Scheme - The Be Consistent Color Scheme palette has 4 colors which are Green-Blue (#105FA5), Bright Navy Blue (#137AC4), Celestial Blue (#429ED9) and Maya Blue (#67C7F3).  From there I chose a kit that I thought had a combination of this palette.

Credits:

Self Care Page Kit by Daydream Design by Daydream Designs

Font is standard pilot Regular



A Magical Day

According to the daily Almanac newsletter I receive, today, September 8, 2024 is Grandparents' Day.  They always include a quote, poem, etc and today's quote was my inspiration for this page.

Quote reads:  Grandparents sort of sprinkle stardust over the lives of little children. 
—Alex Haley, American writer (1921-92)

I only have a few grandchildren, on my side of the family, that would fit the category of “children” as most of them are older now and, really, are young adults!  But, I still like to think that I have an influence in their lives when I get the chance to see them.  I try to act and talk in a godly manner before them.  This picture was taken June 1, 2024 as we had our “Memorial Day Weekend” gathering the following weekend of the holiday.  Michael and Jessica and Kara are missing.  Michael is my oldest grandchild and is out on his own now.  Jessica and Kara were moving Kara to their friend’s house in Maryland where Kara will attend college this fall.  Thank You, Lord, for blessing me with a wonderful family!  I only wish mom and dad were still alive to know this great blessing!

Credits:

Winterlands Collection by Daydream Dsigns  (I used Overlay 03 as a photo mask)

Fonts are American Typewriter and standard pilot Regular

Photo is mine 



No comments:

Post a Comment