Pages

Saturday, August 10, 2024

Art Journaling and ATC

I have a hard time doing art journaling, but I have done the first 2 for August.  And I normally don't post one of my daily ATCs by itself, but I like how today's turned out.

Art Journal Challenges

Contentment

Week 1 found here:  https://oscraps.com/community/threads/august-art-journaling-challenge-week-1-serenity.40253/ 

"God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, courage to change the things I can, and wisdom to know the difference." – Reinhold Niebuhr

I think "contentment" could be another synonym for serenity. The apostle Paul said he was content even though he had been beaten, imprisoned.....several times during his ministry.

Not that I speak in respect of want: for I have learned, in whatsoever state I am, therewith to be content. I know both how to be abased, and I know how to abound: every where and in all things I am instructed both to be full and to be hungry, both to abound and to suffer need. I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.  Philippians 4:11-13

Credits:
Serenity WordART No 1
by Anna Aspnes
ArtPlay Palette Serenity
by Anna Aspnes

Uptown Word Art by Lynne Anzelc

Font is Ayuthaya Regular



Serenity

Week 2 found here:  https://oscraps.com/community/threads/week-2-of-the-august-aj-challenge-is-posted.40344/  

Serenity

noun

1. The quality or state of being serene; clearness and calmness; quietness; stillness; peace.

2. Calmness of mind; eveness of temper; undisturbed state; coolness; composure.

Philippians 4:6–7 speaks of the inner peace that comes from fully trusting God to meet all our needs: “Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.”

I find that when I am fully trusting God with every aspect of my life, that is when I have true serenity... it is only then that I can truly be cool, calm, and collected...at peace with myself and what God is doing in my life.

Credits:

All by Vicki Robinson

Breathe Kit

Winter Journal

Artful Add-on 04

Artful Add-on 05

Artful Expressions 01

Font is Ayuthaya Regular



Victory

Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the schemes of the devil.  Ephesians 6:11  August 10, 2024

Credits:

Warrior by Fiddlette Designs 

Fonts:  Times New Roman and Zeriba Regular


 

No comments:

Post a Comment